Centering is where you bring all your intention thus bringing your energy to your solar plexus. When you are centered you are calm, focused, and balanced. It is a very simple basic technique, but it is very important. This technique will be the first thing you use in the beginning of rituals, spells, meditations, and other practices. I will now go over a step by step walk-through on how to Center.
- First you must get in a relaxing position whether that be standing, sitting, or laying.
- Second you must relax yourself. To do this you can try deep breathing by inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth for 5 counts each. All you need to do is find a way to become completely relaxed.
- Next it’s time to visualize. Visualization is key in practicing most occult and esoteric arts. Visualizations make you focus thus helping you achieve what you want. Now close your eyes, and visualize chi throughout your entire body. See your chi as a white or blue mist. Now pull your Chi into the center of your body by visualizing your white or blue mist being sucked in to form a ball of mist in the solar plexus.
- Once you make the ball you should be able to feel it inside of you. Energy will feel different to everybody it might feel like a tingling sensation, heat, cold, or you’ll just know that the energy is there.
- You can stay in the state as long as you would like. When you want to come out of centering all you have to do is take a couple of deep breaths, opening your eyes, and then going on with your day.