Sigils are symbols used in magickal practices. Sigils can help with many different types of magical practices by being a part of spells, or by being used as a talisman. The act of making sigils has been around forever, but are primarily used in Chaos magick. You can make sigils for practically anything. Making a Sigil is a fun, and creative process that can be done by anyone.
- Choose what you would like your Sigil to do. This could be things such as a sigil to protect you, to find love, to gain luck, to call on a spirit, to bind, and much more. You can create one for about anything you want, the only thing that could limit you is your imagination.
- Now you must write down your intentions in a sentence. Many different practitioners write this sentence differently. Some choose to write present tense like “I will find love” and others choose to write past tense “I am loved by another”. All you really need to do is get your intentions into a single sentence. (refer to Figure 1)
- Once you have your sentence it is time to get rid of all vowels, and any consonants that repeat. Go through the sentencing cross out any letters that fit this description. this is to cut your statement of intent down so that it is easier to work with. (refer to Figure 2)
- Now here is the most fun, and creative part of this entire process. Once you end up with the letters that are left you must rearrange the letters into a symbol. The letters can look any way you want them to. They just have to be incorporated into the symbol. You can take the letters and put them into different alphabets. You can write them upside down, sideways or even in a mirrored version of the letter. Once you have incorporated all the letters into the symbol. Make sure the symbol feels good to you and don’t be afraid to restart if it does not. Once you are 100% okay with the symbol you made draw a circle around it. (refer to Figure 3) Some practitioners believe after you make a sigil you should hide it a way, and forget about it, but in my experience, and the experiences of my peers. This is not necessary for the sigil to work.
- Now you have to charge the Sigil. Charging the Sigil is what gives the symbol its power. There are thousands of ways to charge it, and it seems every time I turn around there’s a new way to do it. You can charge a sigil through pushing energy into it through your hands, meditating on the sigil, dancing around the sigil, chanting over the sigil, or masturbating to it.
- Now find a place where you can keep the sigil. I recommend a place where you can always see it. By seeing it, and acknowledging its presence you will charge the sigil more. That’s all there is to it. The sigil Will then begin to perform your desired outcome. As long as it has the power to do so. Instead of keeping you would also be able to go through the process of destroying the sigil in order to allow it to work.