This post is not entirely completed but it is a rough outline of how I would go about setting up this system. It will be added to as I find more information.
This is a general guide for magick based on my understandings and practices and what I have found to be helpful at each level of development. This scale starts at absolute no knowledge, and goes up to an individual with a practice that can now expand outwards learning everything. This is not done with any other form of tradition rather than mine, and is based on the general understanding of magick, and is to better help with understanding the question of where do I start. you do not need to finish everything in one stage before moving onto another one. what is recommended that you finish as much as possible, because one stage feeds on to the next one. This post is also broken up into my categories of magic. These being Pyrosophic, geosophic, hydrosophic, and aerosophic.
Pyrosophic is associated to the element of fire. Pyrosophic forms of magick, and understanding are fundamental, and active. They are sources that emanate outwards, and act as axioms, and supports for other knowledge, and practices. They are simple, but effective, and are the first things I believe a practitioner should know when they are starting out learning magick. Pyrosophic is very knowledge-based, and energetically based, and it is the foundation that we build upon all other knowledge. It is the first emanation of any particular knowledge, before it incorporates any other advanced features. It contains a lot of beginner information, and energy work.
Geosophic is associated to the element of earth. Geosophic are things that are a little bit more complicated, and work off the understandings that are figured out in pyrosophic. It takes the fundamental understandings, and gives you tools in order to advance what you already have. Geosophic builds upon the foundation that was solidified by pyrosophic, and makes it a little bit more complicated bringing in object, symbols, and correspondences to work with. A lot of forms of folk magic, and thaumaturgy are going to be here in this category, because of its incorporation of tools, and symbols to manifest it’s desires.
Hydrosophic is associated to the element of water. Hydrosophic focuses on internal knowledge through the acts of meditation, and altered states of consciousness. It allows you to learn more about yourself, and the inner workings of you through the practices, and understandings that it holds. This encompasses everything that takes place within, and that interacts with the inner being that is you.
Aerosophic is associated to the element of air. Aerosophic encompasses understandings, and the practices of theurgy, and the higher knowledge of the universe, and source. It is focused on understanding the outer world beyond the practitioner. This encompasses everything that takes place without, and looks for the higher meaning in the whole of reality.
Once you reach the final level of adept you are able to go out, and begin staying in learning even more knowing that you have the foundations of a practice. Other things you may also want to learn about that may help you on your path are Philosophy, Science, History, Psychology, Religious Studies, language, and culture.
There are three stages to this process, and they are known as seekers, student, and adapt.
Seeker | Stage 1:
- Learn about how magick works.
- Learn about the models of magick.
- Learn about the laws of magick.
- Learn about the words Magic, and Magick
- Learn about what type of magickal practitioners there are.
- Learn about different magical, and spiritual traditions.
- Learn about how magick is categorized.
- Begin keeping a journal of your experiences, and what you have learned.
- Learn about (Masculine and feminine energy), and/or (yin and yang).
- Learn about mind, body, and spirit.
- Learn about the 4 Western classical elements.
- Learn about liminality, liminal spaces, and liminal States.
- Learn about spiritual energy.
- Learn about Energetic Blockages
- Learn about Energetic Overflow
- Learn about Energetic Burnout
- Learn about intention, will, and action.
- Learn, and practice centering.
- Learn, and practice grounding.
- Learn, and practice energy breathing.
- Learn, and practice Affirmations.
- Learn about the power hand, and receptive hand.
- Learn, and practice the spiritual energy ball.
- Learn, and practice Pushing, And Pulling spiritual energy.
- Learn, and practice Absorbing Energy
- Learn about magical protection that you can use especially casting the circle.
- Learn about banishing
- Learn about Energetic cleansing
- Learn about Nature cycles
- Learn about Lunar phases
- Learn about Magickal Tools
- Practice Visualization
- Practice Focus meditation
- Practice Clearing your mind meditation
- Practice Mindfulness
- Finding your Sacred Space
- Learn about Different types of spiritual entities
- Learn about different pantheons and religions
- Find and communicate with your deity.
- Learn about and do Deity work.
- Learn about and go about finding your Spirit guides.
Student | Stage 2:
- Learn about Spiritual Energy Scanning.
- Learn How to Read Spiritual Energy.
- Learn to see auras.
- Learn to see energy in the air.
- Learn about Energetics system.
- Learn, and practice charging, and opening the energy centers.
- Learn about Planes of existence.
- Learn about Dimensions.
- Learn about UPE, USPE, CE, UPG, USPG, CG, VPG, and Lore.
- Learn about Setting up an altar.
- Learn about Setting up an shrines.
- Learn about Crystal magick, and Geology.
- Learn about Herbs magick, and herbalism.
- Learn about Color magick, and color theory.
- Learn about Candle magick.
- Learn about Elemental Magick.
- Learn about money Magick
- Learn about love Magick
- Learn about Sigilcraft, and sigil magick.
- Learn about Numerology.
- Learn about how to create magical tools such as a staff or wand.
- Learn about, and practice enchanting items.
- Learn about binding Magick.
- Learn about magick that focuses on a specific entity or constructs, such as but not limited to: Wolf Magick, Dragon magick, Fairy magick, Angel magick, etc.
- Practice Journey meditation.
- Practice Shape-Shifting meditation.
- Learn and practice forms of divination
Adept | Stage 3:
- Learn about Making your own spells, and rituals.
- Learn about Taglocks, and magickal Links.
- Learn about Curses.
- Learn about Blood Magick.
- Learn about Sex Magick.
- Learn about Dream work.
- Learn about Past life regression.
- Learn about Shadow work.
- Learn about Create an Astral Temple.
- Learn about Thought-forms.
- Learn about Communicating with your higher self.
- Learn about Spiritual companionship.
- Learn about Working with the spirit of the land.
- Learn about Channeling.
- Learn about Invoking, and evoking entities.
- Learn about Astral travel.
- Learn about Astral projection.
- Learn about Spirit burrowing.
- Learn about exorcism.