This philosophy at least in western culture originally comes from classical Greek philosophy, more specifically Empedocles. These four elements are the building blocks of all existence metaphysically, and all constructs can be broken down into these four elements. Any construct that you can think of is made metaphysically out of these different elemental concepts, and these different aspects of them can be looked at to examine their elemental properties in order to see what they correspond to. This is the essence of where elemental correspondences are supposed to come from. Later in greek thought Aristotle adds the element of ether which eventually becomes our understanding of spirit as the fifth element, but this element works a little bit differently than the others acting as the monadic nature of all things, including the other four. That is why there are no other elements besides these.
Thank you for engaging with my work here on this website, or any of my other social media. If you feel inclined to support me further, please consider donating. I'd deeply appreciate it my friends.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sigil Magick: Ways to activate a sigil
- Sigil Magick: Ways to charge a sigil
- Sigil Magick: How to use sigils
- Witchcraft: Masturbation Magick
- Ravens of Antimony: 36 Ravens of the ravens of antimony
- Wolf Of Antimony’s personal practice: "What’s your faith, what’re your beliefs? What’s your religion, or who are you devoted to?"
- Sigil Magick: How exactly do you use a sigil?
- Sigil Magick: Using your sigils, vs other people's sigils
- Sigil Magick: How to construct an alphabet of desire, or alphabet of binding
- Libratumilera: Healing Sigils
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets