This philosophy at least in western culture originally comes from classical Greek philosophy, more specifically Empedocles. These four elements are the building blocks of all existence metaphysically, and all constructs can be broken down into these four elements. Any construct that you can think of is made metaphysically out of these different elemental concepts, and these different aspects of them can be looked at to examine their elemental properties in order to see what they correspond to. This is the essence of where elemental correspondences are supposed to come from. Later in greek thought Aristotle adds the element of ether which eventually becomes our understanding of spirit as the fifth element, but this element works a little bit differently than the others acting as the monadic nature of all things, including the other four. That is why there are no other elements besides these.
Thank you for engaging with my work here on this website, or any of my other social media. If you feel inclined to support me further, please consider donating. I'd deeply appreciate it my friends.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sigil Magick: Ways to charge a sigil
- Sigil Magick: Ways to activate a sigil
- Witchcraft: Masturbation Magick
- Sigil Magick: How exactly do you use a sigil?
- Witchcraft: Metaphysical properties of alcoholic drinks
- Magick: Religion, Philosophy, and Magick Timeline
- Sigil Magick 101
- Ravens of antimony: A basic understanding
- Libratumilera: Energy Healing
- Witchcraft: Metaphysical properties of tea
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets