There is a pretty common misunderstanding in witchcraft around blowing out candles in which say that it is bad to do because it is disrespectful to the element of fire. This understanding originally came out of neo wicca, and it has no basis on metaphysics, but it is surprising to see that it is still so relevant. It really makes no difference how you extinguish a candle, and It is impossible to go through the process of disrespecting an element, due to the fact that elements are simply aspects of the world, and are building blocks of nature that can’t really be disrespected. If anything would be disrespected in the act of blowing out a candle it would be connected to the tradition in which the ritual is taking place, and would only need to be done by people of that tradition, or who are who are practicing in that tradition way.
Thank you for engaging with my work here on this website, or any of my other social media. If you feel inclined to support me further, please consider donating. I'd deeply appreciate it my friends.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sigil Magick: Ways to charge a sigil
- Sigil Magick: Ways to activate a sigil
- Witchcraft: Masturbation Magick
- Sigil Magick: How exactly do you use a sigil?
- Witchcraft: Putting things under your pillow
- Witchcraft: Metaphysical properties of alcoholic drinks
- Artificial Elemental
- Alchemy: The three philosophical principles of alchemy Salt, Mercury, and Sulfur
- Sigil Magick 101
- Witchcraft: Metaphysical properties of tea
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets